Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers out there (kitty and puppy mommies included, of course)!
Today I celebrated with mine- and we made it a big tri-celebration of my Dad's birthday (which was on Wednesday) + Mother's Day + my birthday (next Saturday).
We spent the day at our house chatting and watching the kitties do kitty stuff, then we went downtown and had lunch at delicious Pepe's Mexican Restaurant- home of the ridiculously magnificent Tamarindo Margarita.
Nothing says "I love you, Mom!" quite like tequila:

I'm not quite sure why the men in the family have such bizarre photo faces. I'm going to let them have the booze as an excuse.
Afterward, we browsed some shops downtown. I got to check out a consignment store that I had never been in yet. Wow, have I been missing out. Most of the stock was designer goods that even on consignment were way out of my price range- BUT- there was a sale rack in the back and I nearly shat myself when I found a gorgeous 1940's rayon dress printed with little tropical flowers and pottery in immaculate condition marked down to $20. I felt like it was just waiting for me to find it buried in the all the newer stuff. I will have to get some pics of it on here.
All in all- great day- happily tired- and ready to kick back and enjoy my kitty mother's day with the cats on the couch.

1 comment:

  1. Love your new addition of a slide show, you are so clever and lucky you finding your gorgeous 1940's rayon dress printed with little tropical flowers and pottery in immaculate condition marked down to $20 hidding there waiting just for you.
    Can't wait to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete